Individual therapy, also known as psychotherapy or talk therapy is a collaborative process between the therapist and the client which aims to facilitate change and improve quality of life for the individual. I use a variety of approaches keeping in mind what will serve my client's needs best. I am eclectic in nature pulling from attachment theory, family systems to cognitive behavioral therapy techniques all to best serve one's individual needs. Individual therapy sessions usually occur weekly for 45 minutes.
Children and Adolescent therapy addresses issues that a child or adolescent is having in the home, with the family or at school. I treat children starting at age five and up using a variety of interventions from play therapy to family therapy increasing the connection in the home. I am a Registered Play Therapist and have completed a certification program in play therapy from MidAmerica Nazarene University. For further information regarding the use of play in therapy see the Association for Play Therapy.
An approach found most successful in the treatment of family conflicts. Family therapy may involve all family members or those essential to address the problem. Family therapy is essential in helping children due to the system of the family can be important in influencing the child's behavior.
Couples therapy is a powerful tool in situations of recurring marital conflicts, or ongoing situations affecting the individuals and family members in the home. It can also be helpful to have a tune up to explore how to work together as changes in life impact your family. I have worked extensively with couples experiencing medical trauma related to loss, illness, or infertility. I often pull from research addressing shame in couples, as well as exploring ways to rebuild connection and attachment with each other.
I am able to provide supervision towards licensure for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in Kansas.
I do not accept insurance in Missouri, however, if you belong to a plan that pays out-of-network services, documentation will be provided in order for you to request reimbursement. It is the client's responsibility to submit claims and to know if therapeutic services are covered by insurance.
- FREE 15 minute phone consultation
- Initial evaluation session (60 minutes): $150
- Individual therapy (45 minutes): $125
- Couples therapy: $150
- Family therapy: $150
- Supervision (60 minutes): $100
- 10% discount for 4 sessions paid ahead, savings total of $50 (price per session with discount will be 112.50)
- 20% discount for 8 sessions paid ahead, savings total of $200 (price per session with discount will be 100)
- Session packages are to be paid in full and must use within 90 days from the time purchased.
- Suggested use of session 1x a week, 2x a month
Pre-Marital/Relationship Tune up Package
- Includes: Prepare and Enrich Evaluation for pre-marital sessions
- 5 sessions for $550 (savings of $200 total)
- Pre-Marital/Relationship Tune up Package are to be paid in full and must be used within 60 days from the time purchased.
Click below to learn more about The Daring way™ or Rising Strong™ experiences currently being offered.