Individual therapy, also known as psychotherapy or talk therapy, is a collaborative process between the therapist and the client which aims to facilitate change and improve quality of life for the individual. I use a variety of approaches keeping in mind what will serve my client's needs best. I am eclectic in nature pulling from attachment theory, family systems to cognitive behavioral therapy techniques all to best serve one's individual needs. Individual therapy sessions usually occur weekly for 45 minutes.
Children, Adolescent Therapy
Children and Adolescent therapy addresses issues that a child or adolescent is having in the home, with the family or at school. I treat children starting at age five and up using a variety of interventions from play therapy to family therapy increasing the connection in the home. I am a Registered Play Therapist and have completed a certification program in play therapy from MidAmerica Nazarene University. For further information regarding the use of play in therapy see the Association for Play Therapy.
An approach found most successful in the treatment of family conflicts. Family therapy may involve all family members or those essential to address the problem. Family therapy is essential in helping children due to the system of the family can be important in influencing the child's behavior.
Couples therapy is a powerful tool in situations of recurring marital conflicts, or ongoing situations affecting the individuals and family members in the home. It can also be helpful to have a tune up to explore how to work together as changes in life impact your family. I have worked extensively with couples experiencing medical trauma related to loss, illness, or infertility. I often pull from research addressing shame in couples, as well as exploring ways to rebuild connection and attachment with each other.
I am able to provide supervision towards licensure for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in Kansas.
I am a provider of select insurances in the Manhattan practice. Credentialing can change depending on location and the insurance. Currently, I do not accept insurance at the Missouri practice; however, if you belong to a plan that pays out-of-network services, documentation will be provided in order for you to request reimbursement. It is the client's responsibility to submit claims and to know if therapeutic services are covered by insurance.
Investing in yourself and therapy can feel like a commitment. I offer select sliding fee spots based on income, affordable packages, and lower fee sessions from interns I supervise. If you feel hesitant about treatment, call for a consult and see if together we can find a fit for you.
- FREE 30 minute phone consultation
- Initial evaluation session (60 minutes): $150
- Individual therapy (45 minutes): $125
- Couples therapy (60 minutes): $150
- Family therapy (60 minutes): $150
- Supervision (60 minutes): $100
- Select sliding scale/discounted rate sessions available
- Sessions with KCMO Interns available at: $45
- Currant prices reflect KCMO practice, can slightly vary in Manhattan, KS location
- 10% discount for 4 sessions paid ahead, savings total of $50 (price per session with discount will be 112.50)
- 20% discount for 8 sessions paid ahead, savings total of $200 (price per session with discount will be 100)
- Session packages are to be paid in full and must be used within 90 days from the time purchased.
- Suggested use of session 1x a week, 2x a month
Pre-Marital/Relationship Tune up Package
- Includes: Prepare and Enrich Evaluation for pre-marital sessions
- 5 sessions for $550 (savings of $200 total)
- Pre-Marital/Relationship Tune up Package are to be paid in full and must be used within 60 days from the time purchased.
Packages available for KCMO practice and are options for Manhattan, KS clients who choose not to use insurance or want to use HSA.
Click below to learn more about The Daring way™ or Rising Strong™ experiences currently being offered.